Students are selected to participate in the program based on the following criteria:
- Roaring Fork School District Middle or High School student
- Student would be a first-generation, college graduate in their family (neither parent received a baccalaureate degree); some exceptions apply to this rule.
- Minimum of a 2.75 GPA (grade point average)
- Be academically motivated
In addition, the student could meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Come from a single-parent family
- Be the eldest sibling in the family, or
- Have a desire to continue her/his education beyond high school.